Sunday, August 24, 2014

Large Catechism: Read it with me

I like to write series for my blog.  Not for you, the reader, but for me, the writer.  It makes me actually stick to a plan.  I feel like I have a responsibility to complete something when others are watching.

I have tried to join groups reading through the Large Catechism (LC) before, and quite frankly, I make it through a week and then get bogged down in life.  The assignment of a huge section and then discussion is somewhat overwhelming for me.

So, here is the plan.
You and I are going to read the LC.  The entire thing.  Stick with me here.  I plan to make this doable for you and for me.  I will write a post with a link to the two-and-a-half to four-minute reading (depending on your speed) and my commentary on whatever my mind wanders about while reading.

Since I know you love the wanderings of Kelly's mind.

The whole reading of the LC and my post should take less than 10 minutes.  A 10-minute study.
You can do this.
I can do this.

The only thing is, this will take approximately 90 posts.  You have to have some dedication here.
Stick with me.  It will be worth it.  The LC rocks.
If you don't have time to read my writing, no problem - at least read the section of the LC assigned for the post.  Really, who am I?  You don't need to hear what I have to say.  You do need to know what Martin Luther had to say.

I won't post everyday, but I will try to post at least 5 times per week.  I can't make any promises.  I do have three small children, you know.

In 18 weeks, you and I will be able to say we have closely read the entire LC.
Seriously.  18 weeks.  Before Christmas.  You can do this.

Game on.