Monday, April 14, 2014

Cheap Learning: Planting

Every weekday in April, I am posting a unique toddler learning activity I do with my two sons.  These are low cost and simple ways to do something different each day.  You can view any of these posts by looking for the title "Cheap Learning:"

Fridays are my husband's day off, so I try to pair learning activities with household activities.  We had gardening and planting family Friday!  We took a trip to Lowe's, talked about plants, bought a board to go in our window, seed packets for sunflowers and herbs, and two small annual flowers the boys picked out themselves for $1.50 each.

Then, we came home and got dirty with mud and shovels and everything boys love.  I was sore, but we had a great time learning about the earth, worms (a couple might have been cut in half with joy by two boys), and water/sun needs of plants and humans.

A good day for pretty cheap.