Thursday, April 17, 2014

Cheap Learning: Holy Week

Every weekday in April, I am posting a unique toddler learning activity I do with my two sons.  These are low cost and simple ways to do something different each day.  You can view any of these posts by looking for the title "Cheap Learning:"

Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday, and Easter Sunday learning for toddlers.
Get out the flannelboard and tell the story of the most important historical events of all time.

I cut one figure for Jesus and used it in each stage of the story by folding it when necessary.
My husband and I plan to read the Bible texts while using these to keep the attention of our toddler boys.

I was going to add a pattern for you, but you might just have to wait until after Holy Week for that kind of service.  For now, here you go...


Maunday Thursday - The Lord's Supper
"This is my body.  This is my blood."
Maunday Thursday - The Garden of Gethsemane

Good Friday - The cross with the two criminals
Good Friday - They pierced Him in His side and
out flowed blood and water.






Holy Saturday - He laid in the tomb.
Easter Sunday - HE IS RISEN!