Monday, April 14, 2014

Cheap Learning: Weather Chart

Every weekday in April, I am posting a unique toddler learning activity I do with my two sons.  These are low cost and simple ways to do something different each day.  You can view any of these posts by looking for the title "Cheap Learning:"

Today, I used my trusty flannelboard that I made on the first day of this adventure (see information about that here).

I cut letters from felt to represent each day of the week.
Then, I cut shapes to represent the different weather we would be expecting this week.



I had the boys tell me each letter, each sound the letter made (worked on the "TH" sound, too), and went over the days of the week.

Then, we talked about "yesterday," and the weather we had.  They chose the appropriate symbols.
Then, we talked about "today," and the weather we were currently seeing and what we expected to happen.  They chose the appropriate symbols.

I have the board with those two days completed sitting in a high place and we will continue each day this week.  We will be practicing days of the week, letters, sounds, weather watching, weather predicting, and activities that are suited for certain weather.