Monday, February 17, 2014

Womanhood: I am Praying FOR You.

There are situations and circumstances in life which leave me painfully thoughtless.  I don't mean rude or uncaring.  Although, I suppose I can be both of those sometimes, as well.  I mean literally without a thought, and certainly without words to actually speak.

When I am thoughtless, I have a tendency to be prayless, too.  Yes, I made up a word.  I can do that.  This is my blog.  So, prayless.  I don't think I need to define it.  It is pretty self-explanatory.
But just in case it isn't totally clear -

I am talking about times when I do not want to talk to God.
I am talking about times when I do not think I need to talk to God.
I am talking about times when I am angry with God and decide giving him the silent treatment is my only course of action.
I am talking about times when I hurt too much to think.
I am talking about times when I think God is too busy for little ol' me.
I am talking about times when I forget God died FOR me, so He certainly cares for me.

And that is when I need you.  Yes, you.  You reading this screen right now.  My fellow sisters in Christ.  I need you to pray FOR me, because I can't.
Pray what you know I can't say.
Pray what you know my sinful heart will not utter.
The very words which should be coming out of my mouth are just eaten up within me.
You, however, YOU can say them.

It is easy to say, "I am praying for you."  It is wonderful to say, "I am praying for you."  But what does it mean?

I put you on "my list?"  It's a long one...
I sent caring vibes your way?  Not sure how that will help you.
I am thinking about you?  Well, I am quite certain my thoughts have nothing to do with your life being better.

Sometimes all we have is those words, though...I am praying for you.  And believe me, there is power in them.  The power of legions of angels.  The power of the Holy Spirit, the Comforter.  The power of the cross and the Man who hung there FOR you.  The power of the Father who has adopted us as His own.  That is power.

It is also the power of a community of Christians.  For when my lips are silent, I have you praying FOR me.
In my stead.
I pray without ceasing when you are praying FOR me.

But, ladies, don't just pray for ME.
Pray FOR your children.
Pray FOR your husbands.
Pray FOR your friends.
Pray FOR your pastor.
Pray FOR your neighbors.
Pray FOR your fellow congregation members.

We all need prayers sent up when our hearts are too hardened to utter a word.

And when you fail to pray FOR all these people and when you fail to pray FOR yourself,
know that the Man who hung on that cross was praying FOR you then and He still is today.
He's got this.